Topic: How to Stop Receiving Emails?
You are receiving many important emails daily, like from your suppliers, the team members, etc., and when you open your inbox, it is bombarded with so many spam emails to make your work difficult. It is annoying to delete tons of unwanted emails and scrutinize the junk for essential emails. Read more about How to Stop Receiving Emails?
In this article, we will guide you about the different ways with which you can stop receiving spam emails and make your life hassle-free. Read more about How to Stop Receiving Emails?
What are Spam emails?
The spam emails are unsolicited. They are also referred to as junk emails. The spam or junk messages are usually sent in bulk by email. The trend of spam email has started in the early 1990s, and by 2014 the spam email comprised around 90% of the total email traffic worldwide. There are different categories of Spam. Some of the main types are marketing emails, Phishing sites (the spam email may contain a link that leads to phishing websites), and malware sites. Read more about How to Stop Receiving Emails?
Why we get spam emails?
One purpose of sending spam email is marketing. The receivers send emails to millions of receivers to advertise their business or brand. Another purpose is making money. Now the question is how the spammers get the email addresses. So they buy it from chat rooms, websites that do not care about their customers’ privacy, newsgroups, viruses, etc. Read more about How to Stop Receiving Emails?
How stop getting the emails?
There are many effective ways to stop spam emails from reaching your inbox; some of them are:
- Spam Filters:
All the well-known email service providers such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc., have an inbuilt feature of filer the spam emails. With this feature, you can label your emails, archive them, delete them, and forward them to another email address.
Spam Filter in Gmail:
It is so simple t set up the spam filter in Gmail.
- Go to the Gmail inbox.
- Click on the More drop-down arrow to go to the Spam.
- Now hit the drop-down arrow at the search bar.
- Enter the email addresses and hit Create Filter.
Spam filter in Outlook:
- Go to the outlook inbox.
- Hit the Setting button. Go to the emails and then to the Rules.
- Hit the New Rules.
- Now configure your filter rules and hit confirm.
- Unsubscribe the Emails:
Another effective option is to unsubscribe from receiving the marketing emails. All the marketing websites have to provide the unsubscribe option to the receivers by the law. The unsubscription is straightforward and will take a minute or two. Go to your email inbox. Open the email that you want to unsubscribe. You can find the unsubscribe option in front of the sender’s email address.
- Use alternative email addresses:
Whether you filter the spam emails or unsubscribe the emails, you will still get the spam newsletters, massages, etc. It is better to use different email addresses. Use one dedicated email address for all your official and important work, and use an alternative email address for online shopping, hotel booking, and other online activities. This way, you can keep your inbox clean from junk emails.
Also Read these article:
- How To Add A Calendar In Outlook?
- Google Is Dumb 2021 || Is Google Making Us Stupid?
- How To Add An Admin To A Facebook Page In 2021?
- How To Add A Calendar In Outlook In 2021?
- How to Tag a Business on Facebook in 2021?
- How to Switch Car Insurance in 2021?
- How to refresh outlook in 2021?
- How to delete multiple contacts on iPhone in 2021?
- How to change Gmail language in 2021?
- How to Add Admin to Facebook Group in 2021?
- How to Add Admin to a Facebook Page in 2021?
- How to accept credit card payments over the phone in 2021?