There are so many things to keep in mind while choosing the right hosting for your WordPress website, especially when you’re a beginner. Your website’s progress and your business’s growth depends a lot on the hosting provider your use.
This article is written to help you to find the best hosting for WordPress keeping in mind your budget. WordPress has now become one of the most downloaded self-hosted blogging platforms. It is also inexpensive, hence, your idea of best and cheap web hosting is also fulfilled. With so many people signing up daily, it requires powerful servers.
For hosting on WordPress, the web hosts in the market need to meet the minimum requirements of WordPress. Choosing the best web host for WordPress from the crowd can be difficult. WordPress works best when it’s in a stimulating hosting environment for your business or blogs to grow.
But how to determine which one is the best hosting for WordPress? Before doing that, let’s look at the official requirements needed to run WordPress’s software properly in the hosting environment. To choose the best WordPress Hosting in 2020, you just need to check if your web host fulfils the following requirements to run efficiently on WordPress:
To run WordPress, it is recommended that your host supports:
- PHP version 7.3 or greater.
- Either MySQL version 5.6 OR MariaDB version 10.1 minimum.
- HTTPS support
Having that said, any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do well. But we still recommend Apache or Nginx are as they come with most useful features.
Note: for people having only previous or older PHP or MySQL versions, there is a relief. WordPress also works with PHP 5.6.20+ and MySQL 5.0+, but these versions have a drawback. These older versions may expose your site to security vulnerabilities.
One thing which is not required but is recommended for better security of your account on WordPress is that it runs with your account’s username instead of the server’s default shared username.
- How to Choose the Best Web Hosting for your website?
We understand that many of you might not know how web hosting works. So we have curated a set of pointers to help you choose just the right web hosting service for your online business.
#1 Do you prefer earning some profit from your website or your purpose is just the online presence?
If your aim is just the online presence, then a free website hosting is the correct option for you. Many site builders come with free plans which charge a minimal fee and can put your name online.
#2 How much are you ready to spend on your website?
By “spend” we don’t just mean money, but also efforts and ideas. Almost every hosting plan comes with downgrading and upgrading facilities so you can manage your money properly. Although your ideas and efforts that you put in your website are invaluable and hence, can be clubbed with server resource like bandwidth and space to work efficiently.
#3 Plan the number of sites you want to launch.
Along with the number of hosted domains the web hosting plans offer, it is recommended that you check other things like allocated CPU, RAM and bandwidth as they vary with every plan and may have certain limitations.
#4 Identify your target audience.
Knowing your target audience and especially their location lets you choose the data centre close to it. It ultimately enables you to reach your clients with the faster loading speed, especially when it comes to ranking with search engines like Google. This ranking changes with locations and works best when the centre is located near to the bulk users of your website.
#5 Consider specialized hosting.
Specialized hosting is used when the servers are customized. WordPress is a specialized hosting platform and can handle traffic spikes with stable loading speeds. The advantages of such hosting services are many, including better user experience, faster page loading, better Google SERPs, etc.
You can always go for the basic plan when you find such web host and can upgrade when the time is right.
#6 Ask about your developers’ recommendations.
Never forget to take suggestions from the masters of the field, i.e. the developers, about their recommendations and what do they need. It is also necessary to know about their qualifications so that you both can work together on the web hosting choice best for your business.
#7 Always conduct your research and form a plan.
After considering all the above pointers, you will get a definite number of web hosts which will have just the right characteristics you need. Now you would need to conduct your research about individual hosts, and analyze their performance ratings.
After you evaluate their performances, check several review articles or read in forums. Shrink down your list to the best 3 companies. You can also write the pros and cons of every company to clear the air more. In case you feel any doubts, you can always contact them to get a better idea. Also, don’t forget to jot down their discounts or offers, especially for the first year of hosting.
Now, what factors you should consider finding the best web hosting for WordPress? Let’s see:
- Affordability: A lot of hosting offers similar features but charges way too much for them. So you need to look for the best available prices and discounts they offer.
- Speed: Also known as “load time”, the hosting environment should be optimized for WordPress with the fastest speed it can give.
- Uptime: The uptime of any web hosting which is below 99.94% is a big no.
- Response time: The hosting provider which gives response time below 200ms is good.
- Customer Support: 24/7 ready customer service and technical support is a must to help you through issues which you may face with any hosting service.
There is no web hosting which provides similar uptime or speed results to your website. It depends on your chosen hosting plan, your website size and the number of visitors your website gets.
Apart from these factors, a few things to consider are server geographical location. The speed and latency depend on the server location, especially for idle customers and visitors. And questions like, whether a medium server site would be the best for you or a high traffic site; how much bandwidth is allowed and if the host can handle occasional or frequent traffic spikes?
Before moving forward to our list of the best WordPress hosting, you must be familiar with the various types of WordPress hosting options. Below are the major types of hosting services for WordPress described briefly to help you choose a hosting company easily.
- Free WordPress hosting
As you might be knowing, WordPress is open source free software and officially comes in two forms: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. While the former one is a free hosted platform, the latter is a self-hosted one. It means that you can create a WordPress website free in WordPress.com, but with a few limitations: you would get limited control on your site and limited customization would be allowed. Various advertisements will also be displayed on your website which can only be removed by paying an extra amount.
So, free WordPress hosting is ideal for learners and beginners to get familiar with WordPress and create your online presence. Although if you want to start your online business and earn some profit, you can always look for other plans.
- Shared hosting
Shared web hosting is the cheapest solution which is an ideal choice for low-budget projects and beginners. What happens exactly is that multiple websites share the same IP address along with the server resources like the memory, hard disk space, and the bandwidth. However, because of this “sharing” feature, there are some compromises which you might need to make, like working with limited memory space, slow site speed, SEO and security issues.
- VPS hosting
In VPS hosting or Virtual Private Server hosting, the users are allocated with the server resources according to what they need. Therefore by paying an additional cost, you can get more resources like space and memory anytime. Hence, people having growing businesses can go for this hosting. Although it is costlier than shared hosting but comes with more secure hosting as your site stays unaffected if other VPS users harm their sites.
- Dedicated hosting
As the name suggests, dedicated hosting refers to a hosting layout where a single client gets to use all the server resources. Hence, unlike shared hosting, a single user can use all the resources like memory, webspace, bandwidth, and gets full control over the speed and security aspects of the website. Although it is very expensive compared to another hosting, you can take it if you have a large online enterprise and get a large audience every day.
- Managed WordPress
Essentially made for WordPress users, managed WordPress hosting hosts only WordPress based websites. Managed WordPress hosting makes the user work tension free and takes care of most of the essential tasks of your website. You don’t have to manually update anything or check the security as all the technical aspects are taken care of by them. Moreover, it comes with dedicated customer support which makes it easy for use and saves your time, hence, worth its cost.
Now that you know what types of hosting services are there, let’s have a look at 13 best hosting companies for WordPress blogs!
The 13 Best Hosting Services Especially for WordPress
SiteGround tops the chart without a doubt. Officially recommended for WordPress hosting companies by WordPress.org, SiteGround comes with best customer support, powerful backend, and tough security.
Additionally, it comes with all the essential WordPress features at an affordable price which makes it easy for you to do any task and save your time. It ultimately makes SiteGround one of the top choices for shared hosting services.
Let’s see the SiteGround Features at a glance:
- Joomla and WordPress Optimized
- 1-Click WordPress Installer Built-In
- Auto-updates – to the latest WordPress version
- WP-CLI Enabled – command line management option
- SuperCacher – super-fast website (Available on GrowBig and GoGeek)
- WordPress Staging & Git Pre-Installed (Available on GoGeek and Higher)
- FREE SSL certificate via Let’s Encrypt
With extra features like unique server architecture, top-notch security, secure server monitoring, automated daily backups, and proprietary WordPress caching plugin, SiteGround makes sure that both newbies and advanced users get the maximum out of the plans. 24/7 available support with technically sound, fast, active agents is another strong point in its favour.
Now let’s come to the performance based on speed and uptime,
- The average time taken to load the first byte is 0.62 seconds and 0.96 seconds to fully load a page.
- Reliable and superb 99.99% uptime.
There is good news for people who want to opt SiteGround, they are offering 3 months hosting package at $0.99 which includes all the StartUp Plan features to help people get online during COVID-19 Pandemic, from March 2020.
Now let’s have a look at SiteGround Pricing:
SiteGround offers three WordPress hosting plans. We are sharing the highlights below.
|Bandwidth||10,000 visits/mo.||25,000 visits/mo.||100,000 visits/mo.|
All these plans come with unmetered traffic, Free SSL, CDN and Email. Apart from these WordPress plans, SiteGround also offers separate dedicated servers, managed, WordPress, WooCommerce and scalable Cloud Hosting services.
For their special discounted prices, visit- https://www.siteground.com/
- 4X Faster Loading Sites
- Free Daily Backups
- Automatic WordPress installation
- Best Uptime – 99.9%
- Good Speed – 0.96s
- Unmetered Traffic
- Free SSL, Email
- CloudFlare’s CDN (90 Countries)
- Best Customer Support
- Managed Hosting Features Require GrowBig or GoGeek Plans
- The shortest billing cycle is of 12 months
- Google Adwords Credit is not Available
- No-Free Domain on Basic Plan
- Expensive Basic Plan
On number two is Hostinger because it is fast, genuine and cheapest WordPress hosting providers. If you have a startup and are low on budget, this web host is best for you.
Hostinger WordPress package gives many features and benefits you possibly won’t find elsewhere at such affordable prices. And what’s even better is their “true 99.9%” average uptime which other web hosting services aren’t much successful to provide.
Apart from being just cheap, Hostinger is also known for its loading speed: the first byte loads in about 0.19 seconds and to load the page fully, it takes 0.68, which is the fastest performance when compared with other web host providers.
Let’s have a look at Hostinger features:
- Free Domain Name and Website Builder
- Cloudflare integration
- SSL Certificate
- Daily to Weekly Data Backups
- BitNinja Smart Security and SpamAssassin Protection
- Intelligent WAF (Web Application Firewall) on each server
- NGINX micro cache
We already know that Hostinger is the cheapest web hosting provider, it features mainly three WordPress hosting plans. Here they are:
The single shared hosting plans by Hostinger come at an affordable price of $0.99/month. They offer active and responsive customer support (24*7), free SSL, convenient website builder and control panel (hPanel). It is a considerable hosting option for small business sites, especially beginners who are still learning.
Hostinger plans that start at $2.89/month come with advanced features. These offer free domain, unlimited add-on domains (MySQL Databases), and allow unlimited bandwidth along with all the basic features described in the above plan.
For annual discounts, you can visit their official website: https://www.hostinger.com/
- Fast Loading with Cache Manager
- All Hosting plan includes free website builder
- Unlimited Email Accounts with Premium and Business Plans
- Most Affordable Hosting
- WP Optimised With LSC
- US, EU, UK, & Asia Data Centers
- Realtime DDoS Protection
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- No Daily Backups
- Doesn’t Provide Free SSL
- Limited Disk Space and Limited Support
- No Free Domain on Single Shared Plan
- Daily Backups only on $3.99/month and above plans
- A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is our number three as it offers reliable and active hosting service along with responsive and active customer support. It is an accomplished company which strives to give a solid performance, dedicated support, and feature-rich plans to their customers don’t matter whether they are a novice or experienced.
The users who choose A2 Optimized WordPress web hosting don’t need to worry at all about the installation of WordPress as it comes pre-installed with the web host. It also comes with auto-configuration settings to give a highly secure environment and the best site performance to their users.
The A2 servers are really fast and respond in only 0.57 seconds with the first byte. They take 1.15 seconds to completely load a web page. What’s amazing is the robust backend which takes only 0.76 seconds on an average to respond to any request.
Let’s have a look at A2 WordPress Hosting Features:
- Pre-installed WordPress software
- Perpetual security – free HackScan Protection
- Developer friendly – latest PHP and MySQL versions
- Cloudflare CDN
- Free domain name
- SSD RAID-10 Servers
A2 Hosting Pricing varies with its WordPress hosting plans which can be managed or shared. Let’s take a look at managed WordPress hosting plans. For more, you can visit: https://www.a2hosting.com
- Fast loading with SSD Storage
- Unlimited Subdomains, Parked Domains and Add-on Domains
- Datacenter Locations For Faster Data Delivery
- Optimized For WordPress
- 99% Uptime guarantee
- Free SSL & Offline Backups
- 20X Faster Servers
- Free Site Migration
- Easy To Use Site Builder
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee
- Guru support is very helpful but can be a little slow
- Starter plan doesn’t offer the turbo speed
- Higher Renewal Rates
- Smallest plan quite limited
- Somewhat slow control panel
A2 Hosting plans come with dedicated resources and a good knowledge base to help the users and get them going. It creates the perfect environment to start and grow your online presence. For more details on the plans, you can visit: https://www.a2hosting.com/
Officially recommended by WordPress.org, Bluehost is an experienced WordPress hosting company. It is working together with WordPress since 2005 and aims to create a platform which is dedicated to WordPress. It is cheap and comes with features purely dedicated to WordPress hosting solutions.
Bluehost is a comprehensive package of speed, uptime and performance which comes to a competitive price. The TTFB (time to first byte) is of 0.38 seconds and in only 0.95 seconds it fully renders the page.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Features are highlighted below to give you an idea.
- 1-Click WordPress Installation
- True scalability – single click upgrade to VPS or dedicated server
- Enhanced cPanel
- Weebly website builder
- 99.99% uptime
- Free SSL certificate
Bluehost offers three WordPress hosting plans in three ranges- 12 months, 24 months and 36 months. We are describing 12 months below. The prices vary for each plan duration.
|Free Domain||For 1 year||For 1 year||For 1 year|
Bluehost is a beginner-friendly WordPress hosting company which possess a huge knowledge base and provides technical support to every user, and this makes it a perfect host. Besides, they are also offering great discounts on their website. For detailed plans, visit: https://www.bluehost.com/
- Free marketing credit, dedicated IPs, and SSL with some plans
- Free Domain Name Registration
- Automatic WordPress Plugin and Theme Updates
- 99.95% Uptime
- 0.95 seconds of loading speed
- Free Domain, SSL, and, Weebly Website Builder
- Undeniable Value For money
- $150 Worth Advertising Offers
- Monthly billing option is not available
- Can’t Use Both https and SiteLock CDN
- Lack of free migration service
- Discounts with 36-month plans
- One domain only on the basic plan
As the name suggests, GreenGeeks is a green web host; they’re environment-friendly as they use renewable energy to power their websites all across the globe and generate 3 times the energy they use. They have a very experienced support team with a vast knowledge base full of helpful articles and tutorials. The users can contact them through phone, e-mail, and chat.
In terms of performance, GreenGeeks does quite well as the server takes only 0.26 seconds to respond with the first byte and 0.86 seconds to load the whole page.
Why it is considered as a reliable host is because of uptime of 99.87%. Although it promises 99.99% uptime, with only 36 outages and a total of only 1 hour of downtime per year, it performs quite well in comparison to other web hosts. The speed is also pretty good being 375ms.
Now let’s see some key features of GreenGeek web hosting.
- Strong account isolation with container-based technology
- SSD servers
- Regular backups
- Proprietary real-time security scanner
- Pro-active server monitoring
- Latest PHP versions
- Free SSH
- Use of CDN (Cloudflare)- making contents accessible worldwide
- Use of SSD hard drives- for more fast and reliable performance
GreenGeeks offers three WordPress hosting plans, which are described below.
All the WordPress plans come with free SSL, in-house/free CDN, unlimited email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited SSD storage.
- Strong uptime
- Free site transfer
- Unlimited SSD Space and Bandwidth
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- 300% Green Websites
- Free SSL, CART, CDN, Email
- Developer Friendly
- No offers on shorter plans
- Renewals are expensive- $9.95/month
- Only US and EU Datacenters to choose from
- Deduction of $13.95 for a registration free domain name
HostGator is a well-known name for website hosting and is an extremely reliable host for every online business, whether small or large enterprises. It comes with a good knowledge base, 24/7/365 support, great user interface, and easy to use technology for WordPress users of all levels.
Let’s talk about the speed and uptime of HostGator in terms of numbers: the TTFT takes a bit longer time than the average, i.e. 0.78 seconds, but the rendering takes only 1.28 seconds which is acceptable. It gives 99.99% uptime which makes it reliable to work with.
HostGator Hosting Features are something you wouldn’t want to miss.
- Simple WordPress Cloud interface
- Supercharged speed – Global CDN included
- Advanced security – Automatic malware removal
- Free Site & cPanel Migrations
- Seamless scalability
- Domain name transfer along with- Domain Locking, Domain Renewal, and cPanel Management
- Transfer service and quick install
- Google AdWords credit included
Keeping in mind the affordability and level of online businesses, HostGator features three WordPress hosting plans which are suitable to startups as well as large enterprises.
|Free Domain||Only with yearly plans||Only with yearly plans||Only with yearly plans|
What adds to the list of features of HostGator is its unique architecture, cloud flexibility and active resource management. It also offers 30-day migration period which is quite good for people who already have their websites set up with another web host. The HostGator migration specialists would transfer over any cPanel account of yours for free, hence, giving you full value for every penny you spend.
Still growing and reaching to its full potential, HostGator’s support team is knowledgeable, but gets a little slow when it is overflowed with requests. Apart from that, you will find this web host quite feature-rich and affordable. Visit https://www.hostgator.com/ for more information on the plans.
- Free Site Transfer and One-Click Installation
- Unlimited Database, Bandwidth and Diskspace
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee
- 99.99% Uptime
- Free Migration, SSL, Backup
- Drag And Drop Website Builder
- Free Domain Name
- Unmetered Space And Bandwidth
- 55% Off On 12 Months Plan
- No Windows-based VPS Hosting
- No Free Domain Registration
- High Upselling
- High Renewal Rate – $10.95
- No-Free SSL on Basic Plan
Quite popular among the beginners, GoDaddy is a distinguished and cheap website hosting provider. It’s like it justifies its name, being a “daddy” which powers thousands of websites online and offers feature-rich web hosting services at the affordable price.
Since a long time (nearly 2 years), GoDaddy’s TTFB is maintained at 0.68 seconds which is pretty cool. The time to render a website fully is 1.32 seconds, which is okayish, and kind of slow in comparison with the other hosting providers.
Apart from that, GoDaddy is good for is domain hosting as it comes with great deals and superb technical expertise. Let’s check out other GoDaddy hosting Features:
- Automatic WordPress core software and security updates
- Malware scan and removal
- One-click migration tool
- FREE domain with annual plan
- SSH, SFTP and Staging sites available
- Easy to use interface – Perfect for beginners
As mentioned above, GoDaddy features mainly four WordPress hosting plans from which the users can choose for themselves. Have a look.
|Bandwidth||25K visits/mo.||100K visits/mo.||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Free Domain||With the annual plan||With the annual plan||With the annual plan||With the annual plan|
GoDaddy also comes with bullet-proof security from hackers, and outstanding site performance which makes it great for hosting and makes it a good choice for inexperienced users with small sites and demands. For detailed plans, you can visit: www.GoDaddy.com
Being the largest hosting company out there, GoDaddy is not the best one as it emphasizes profit over service which is quite evident with the drawbacks it comes with. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of GoDaddy below:
- Over 300 Free Themes and Templates
- Backups and Data Loss Protection
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Standard cPanel- makes working easy
- Limited live chat support- only on workdays during working hours
- Customer Support is slow
- No automatic backups
- No migration service
Cloudways is particularly known for its cloud-based managed WordPress hosting. It promises fast loading of the WordPress sites and relieves you from any such hosting headaches. These cloud servers come with an amazing set of features which you can adjust as your website grows.
Cloudways guarantees an average of 99.99% uptime and TTFB is under 200 ms which is quite stable and good.
Let’s have a look at the features:
- eCommerce tools like Magento and Prestashop
- Free SSL
- Offers DB Manager & CloudwaysBot
- Cloud hosting server
- Auto-updating the CMS
- Automatic daily backups
- Real-time site monitoring
- WordPress-specific security
Cloudways plans come in a vast range, and we have described the most basic plans for you.
|Plans||DigitalOcean||Linode||Vultr||Amazon Web Series (AWS)||Google Cloud|
|Processor||1 Core||1 Core||1 Core||1 vCPU||1 vCPU|
For more information, visit https://www.cloudways.com
- Offers a free 3-day trial period.
- SSD hosting, Nginx/Apache servers, Varnish/Memcached caching, PHP7, HTTP/2, Redis support.
- One-click unlimited WordPress installations & staging sites, pre-installed WP-CLI and Git integration.
- Free site migration service, automated backups, SSL certificate, CDN & dedicated IP.
- Doesn’t offer free domain registration.
- No free email hosting. (pay $1 per month)
- No cPanel/Plesk control panel.
- Inefficient backend
InMotion Hosting is one of the best web hosting for WordPress as it comes with powerful web servers and expert WordPress hosting support. Their support channel is quite strong and extensive and works not only through phone but also via chat, email and even Skype.
An outstanding benefit which comes with InMotion Hosting is a bonus feature for marketing- you can earn up to $150 credits for free if you advertise on search engines like Google.
Although to perform well the sites hosted over at here need optimization, the speeds without any optimization aren’t that bad. However, they are still incomparable to other website hosts listed on our review. To get TTFB, it takes 0.74 seconds on average, and to get the page fully displayed it takes 1.33 seconds.
Some major InMotion Hosting Features are described below to give you an idea of this web hosting provider.
- Unlimited Email, Disk Space, and Bandwidth
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Datacentres in Max Speed Zones
- Drag and drops support
- Hack and malware protection
- Pre-installed WordPress
- 200+ free themes
- Free automatic daily backups
- Free website migration
- Caching plugins supported
InMotion WordPress hosting services come at low prices and we are describing below the plan highlights.
|Bandwidth||20,000 visits/mo.||50,000 visits/mo.||125,000 visits/mo.||300,000 visits/mo.|
Although to give the best results, speed optimization is necessary, but it can be attained easily with the help of awesome support, which makes InMotion Hosting highly recommended alternative.
The company has updated the plans with great discounts, check their official website: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/
- Great eCommerce Features
- 99.99% Uptime Guaranteed
- 400+ Integrations
- Free SSL & Domain
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth, Email
- DDOS Protection
- Free Website Builder
- Free site transfer
- Free data backup
- Limits the number of databases and websites
- Only provides Linux and Windows hosting rather Windows
- You have to sign up for a year or more to get discounts
- Starting fees not that low
- Cap of 50,000 files on all shared plans
ResellerClub is one of the popular web hosts which offers affordable WordPress web hosting with extra features for general users at all hosting levels. When it comes to buying hosting and dividing the server resources for selling to others, this is the best option you’ll find.
ResellerClub’s speed is average which is a disadvantage, but the uptime is good with 99.99% guarantee. Apart from these, ResellerClub has some features which make this web host more worthwhile, like:
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Choice of servers
- SSH access (full root on VPS and dedicated server plans)
- cPanel or Plesk control panel
- Pre-installed WordPress
- Scalable CPUs and RAMs
- Integrated caching and CDN
- Data mirroring with backup and data recovery
ResellerClub plans come in four ranges:
|Plans||Starter Lite||Performance Lite||Business Lite||Professional Lite|
|Bandwidth||25,000 visits/mo.||200,000 visits/mo.||300,000 visits/mo.||500,000 visits/mo.|
For more information, you can visit https://www.resellerclub.com
- Money-back guarantee with most products
- Professional, live 24/7 support with all tiers of service
- All plans are built for reselling
- Affordable prices for shared, reseller, and VPS plans
- In-house data centres with top-notch security
- Limited feature set
- Some features require sign up
- Secure sockets layer (SSL) certificates cost extra
- Free domain name not included
- No complimentary backups
- WP Engine
WP Engine is a WordPress-specific web host, which offers highly scalable, speedy, and secure managed plans to their customers. Although the plans aren’t much cheap, WP Engine comes with some great features which will be worth every penny.
The company uses the latest technology and employs full-time professional engineers and dedicated labs team for high-quality support. It comes with one-click WordPress staging and restores, enhanced security direct SFTP, built-in CDN, etc. You also get the Genesis Framework and 35+ StudioPress WordPress themes free. Another great benefit is the WPEngine auto migration plugin to migrate from your existing host to WP Engine. For any company who wants to show their contents in different geo-locations, can use the geo-targeting feature.
The speed and load time on WP Engine isn’t that great (1.6 seconds), but still, work as they remain below the two-second mark. The minimum response time is 0.51 seconds which is fair, and it means that your site would load quickly.
We have listed below many other exciting features of WP Engine Managed WordPress Hosting for you.
- Reliable and superb support
- Daily Backups
- Firewall Protection and Malware scan
- EverCache for massive scalability and super speed
- SSL Certificates with a single click
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) ready
- Offers shared + Dedicated clusters for hosting
- Genesis theme framework included with all plans
- Dev, Stage, Prod Environments
- Geo IP add-on
- PHP 7.x+
WP Engine offers 6 types of managed WordPress Hosting plans, and we have listed down the highlights for you.
|Plans||StartUp||Growth||Scale||Premium||Premium 1||Premium 1.5|
|Website||1||10||30||Up to 50||Up to 100||Up to 115|
|Bandwidth||25,000 visits and 50GB per month||100,000 visits and 200GB per month||400,000 visits and 500GB per month||700,000 visits and 1000GB per month||1000,000 visits and 1000GB per month||1500,000 visits and 1000GB per month|
As we said earlier, the WP Engine plans aren’t that cheap, but they do come with plenty of features. Hence, if you’re someone who’s looking to grow his business should consider this web host.
Also, they give quite good annual discounts which they update on their website. You can visit their official website to know more about it: https://wpengine.com/
- Advanced security features
- Doesn’t offer free domain registration
- Provides various plug-in libraries for eCommerce tools
- Well-optimized for WordPress users.
- Simplifies the process of managing your website.
- Free 60 Day Trial
- Excellent Support Response Times
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
- Free Global CDN
- Provides solid, consistent performance.
- Offers plenty of dedicated and expert support.
- Quite expensive plans which not everyone can afford
- Certain Plugins and Themes may not be applicable
- Additional Charges for Excess Storage or Visitors
- Not Applicable for Non-WordPress Platforms
- Caching Problems with eCommerce Sites
- Only offers managed hosting on shared servers (or dedicated servers on the custom plans).
The last name on our list is NameCheap, which justifies its name is very cheap and extremely affordable web host provider. It is known for its domain management services but it is a very good budget hosting option too. For people starting a small website or those who are beginners, and are concerned more about price than plan limitations, NameCheap Hosting is highly recommended.
The company offers dedicated customer support and offers good deals on domain names. Why it is most recommended for newbies or those who wish to experiment is because of its shared plan that can cost less than $1.30 per month when paid in advance.
The server response time of NameCheap is amazing being 0.34 seconds, and to render a full webpage it takes 1 second on average. The backend is also strong with 1.19 seconds average time taken to respond to the requests.
However, the uptime is still a concern as it guarantees 99.99% but delivers only 99.83% availability. It might be fatal on busy hours of your website. Apart from that, NameCheap comes with good features, let’s have a look:
- cPanel Control Panel
- Easy to use graphical interface
- File management
- Email set-up and usage
- Database management
- Backup access
- Softaculous application manager
- Hosted on Namecheap Cloud
- Easy backup and restore tool
- SFTP, Database Access, CDN, SSL & More
Namecheap’s WordPress hosting plans come in three ranges which are affordable and come with great benefits.
|Plans||EasyWP Starter||EasyWP Turbo||EasyWP Supersonic|
|Bandwidth||50,000 visits/mo.||200,000 visits/mo.||500,000 visits/mo.|
Every web hosting provider has its flaws, so does NameCheap. We have listed them down for you. For more information on the plans and pricing, you can visit their website: https://www.namecheap.com/
- Very affordable
- Free migrations & backups
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Superb value for money managed WordPress hosting
- 1x WordPress site preinstalled
- Fast cloud servers and SSD storage
- Easy backup and restore
- Dedicated to securing personal data, including offering TOTP 2FA
- Easy Onboarding & Account Management
- Low uptime
- Mediocre speed
- Mediocre customer service and No phone support
- Cloudflare not supported on shared hosting plans
- Shared plans do not offer free SSL certificates
BigRock is a member of Endurance International Group (EIG) which works to provide affordable web hosting, eCommerce solutions, and web tools to their clients across the globe. Similarly, BigRock follows these objectives and has become a successful web host along with a domain registry company. It is a quite versatile company which provides plans and add-ons that suit people and businesses of all levels.
BigRock can accommodate almost anyone and gives an uptime of 99.9% with a guarantee. Let’s take a look at its feature:
- Fast Site Loading with Web Acceleration
- Email Hosting
- Access to 400+ apps via Softaculous
- SSL Certification
- Root Access
- RAID 10 Protection
- Coding Language Support
- Free VPS Backups
- Intuitive Control Panel
BigRock web hosting offers four types of hosting plans which are very affordable and rich in features. You can visit https://www.bigrock.com to know more.
- Many payment options
- Very Affordable
- 24-hour tech support
- Flexible billing- pay every 1, 2, 3, 5, or even 10 years
- 30-day money-back guarantees
- Advanced features are either unavailable or an extra paid add-on
- No option for SSD disk space on shared or cloud plans.
- Some software is outdated
So now as we have listed down 13 best web hosting providers, your concerns about speedy loading times, 24/7 active and reliable support, various hosting plans, or daily backups, the WordPress Hosting will fit almost all your needs. One great news is that almost all the web hosts we mentioned above come with free trial periods so you can check the features out while you still have time. And in case you purchase or subscribe to any plan, you can always turn back if you don’t feel satisfied and get your money back in a certain period. Now you can choose the web host provider and begin with your online business today.